The winner of the Worst Job on the Planet award:
ScrewWritersWorldwide (not its actual name) is seeking Pro-Bloggers for all cities and towns in North America and throughout the world. As part of our vision to become the leading research web site and largest social network for retirement-minded people, we are seeking Pro-Bloggers to assist us with this goal.
As a Pro-Blogger you can:
- Create your own Group, based on the city or town of your choice or based on a specific category of interest
- Publish up to 100 articles and blogs on our web site, within your chosen Group
- Earn income based on clicks, sponsorships, membership sales, and additional products sales
- Access our Pro-Blogger training videos
- Use our publishing platform to advance another product or service that may benefit our members
- Educate our members about your city, town, or category of interest
- Grow your network of contacts, friends and business associates
- Promote events and social activities to your group members
Here’s The Deal In A Nutshell:
- Choose the city/town you want to blog about or choose from our list of key topics (only one blogger per city, town, or key topic, first come, first serve)
- Follow our tutorials and video training which will show you how to use our blogging platform (it’s about as simple as using email)
- We will provide you with suggested topics to blog about or you can create your own topics
- Blog from home, full time or part time, make your own hours
- No previous blogging experience necessary
- No age requirement, you don’t need to be “retired” to be a Pro-Blogger
- As a Pro-Blogger, there are multiple ways for you to earn income. In the beginning, you will be paid from two different sources: Google, Inc. and ClickBank. We will show you how to add new income sources over time. If you succeed, we succeed.
- Your earnings will depend on the amount of traffic your blogs generate, the size of your network, and quality of your information (with our existing subscriber base of 10,000, your blogs will receive some traffic instantly). You can earn commissions of up to $5000 for some of the products we offer, while other strategies show you how to create a steady monthly income.
- Your income will grow over time as your network grows and your blogs rank higher with Google
- Your blog efforts can be reduced over time even while your income increases. Once you have finished the available topics, you only need to maintain what you have already written.
Additional Benefits of Becoming A Pro-Blogger:
- you will be the “group leader” for your city or town or key topic, which comes with all kinds of potential benefits (ability to organize events, meetings, activities, promote a different web site or business you might own, etc.)
- you may choose to interact with new members, make new friends, new professional relationships, etc.
- you may choose to “set and forget” your blog by which you would complete our suggested blog topics, then let your blogs continue to attract traffic and earn passive income
- you will be “connected” to other members all over the world, which will help you make new friends and acquaintances should you ever travel to those locations
- get in on the ground floor of the “retirement wave”, enabling you to participate in the largest and wealthiest demographic the world has ever seen
Your only expense will be your Pro-Blogger Membership Fee of $99/month.
However, our introductory offer for the first 100 Pro-Bloggers is only $7 for the first month and $39/month after that.
Get Started Today For Only $7!
(link to payment form)
Remember: There is only one blogger position available per city, town, or key topic – claim yours today before someone else does!
You read it correctly:
They expect you to pay THEM for the privilege of working for them.
Did anyone else have to choke back the vomit just now?
Besides the obvious reasons why this job sucks (NEVER pay ANYONE for you to work for THEM), they've committed nearly every cardinal sin of lousy job advertising.
- You become a "leader" but there's really no power or authority attached.
- You get to earn "passive income" via a website I guarantee you you've never heard of. So a minuscule share of nothing is.....
- You get to swap horror stories with other writerly saps who are foolish enough to sign up to pay for work, not the other way around.
- You get in on the "ground floor" of a bad trend -- paying to be someone's writing bitch. Retirement may be the "wealthiest demographic the world has ever seen" (though I doubt it), but you're not seeing that money.
- You, as a "Pro-Blogger" (which is not hyphenated, you putzes) get to pay $99 for a job that isn't really a job. It's like going to work in an office and having your boss hand you a bill at the end of the week.
- And nowhere do they mention what that "income" they keep talking about is. It's completely up to you to "earn" your "passive income" which isn't going to be anywhere near the $5,000 they're promising. $5,000 a month? A day? A decade? No clue, is there?
- They've mentioned the Google word. Dangling that rankings carrot like it's gold, aren't they? Ah, but Google is on to people like this. You'd be lucky to see any rankings and be even luckier if Google chose not to ban your content for the spam it would be.
To be honest, I've no idea why this ad would appeal to anyone. Want to be a blogger? Here's a better way:
Start your own blog.
Seriously, why should you pay some unknown bunch of putzes for your content? The promise of rankings and passive income? How are they going to give you that exactly?
Wait. They're not. Nope, you're expected to grow that yourself.
So do it for yourself.
Do a little homework, build a network on your own, learn how to drive blog traffic, and earn that passive income yourself.
Writers, have you seen worse than this? If so, share it because I'd have to see it to believe it.